Monday 17 March 2008

M42: Jupiter 9 85mm F/2.0

Brought my second M42 lens - the Russian made Jupiter 9 85mm F2 to Bricklane two weeks ago with Joanne to test the lens' portraiture capability.

The first 2 digits on the front of the lens tells the year of made, mine is N7508915, so it's a year older than me, and still fit as I am!

It's heavy and build solidly that's why it can last for so long.

Bokeh test at F2.0

It's soft at its widest aperture.

The soft effect is ideal for portraiture. The lens is old but the quality is there!

High key finish with superb bokeh.

It's sharp from F4.0 onwards.

With nice contrast as well.

My favourite shot of the day, the street performers at Bricklane. It's an honour to be selected in Dyxum's Exhibition #39

For the price I paid for it's the best value lens I have now and it's gonna be my favourite lens in the bag for a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great review, i got i too, but i havent bought adapter for it.. cant wait to try it..