Thursday 12 November 2009

My Happiest Day of The Decade

Today, 12 Nov 2009 is a special day, I passed my Master of Science in Construction Cost Management with merit from University of Reading. I am so happy that I've done it finally...

Study abroad was something I dare not even think about when I was younger... and I still remember a decade ago I was so jealous when the stupid University Teknologi Malaysia sent a much less qualified person to University of Reading to further for the master degree, because of my skin colour...

Life has been on a roller coaster for the past decade, few years of hard work in JB and KL with low wages and I had a rare opportunity to move to the UK... thanks to the stupid UTM again, because the degree was not accredited by RICS I had to take a master degree in order to sit for the APC... with the support from my ex company regardless of my skin colour... and I've made it after two years...


For my mum who worked so hard when I was small... who sent me to tuition with her Yamaha 80... who moved to the old hut to save money for my first degree fees in local U... who sacrificed more than half of her life for me...

Thanks mum.

1 comment:

popystarz said...

I'm so touched.

Thanks Gene's Mummy.. you are the best!