Monday 18 August 2008

Schmap Bath

Although I don't make a living from photography, but it's always a delightful things when the photos are being recognised by some people, even though just a small group of people.

I have a photo published in The Star paper back in the late 90's which won me RM50 which was a small achievement for myself during that time. That was a photo of 3 little guinea pigs of my neighbour hanging on the glass cage. Unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of the paper cut and don't even remember where the printed copy has gone.

I was happy that photokaki put my photo on the front page last year - ya they change it like few times a month but it feels good to have one of mine on the front.

One of the photo published in Dyxum Galleries Exhibition #39 early this year.

And recently I received an email in flickr...

Schmap is actually an online travel guide which I have never heard before but it should be something to have its 5th edition in the making.

It is not one of my favourite picture but certainly I am more than happy to have it included in the guide.

It's just a small thumbnail picture on the website.

With my name on it, hehe... nothing to brag about but it's a small encouragement to myself.

I am eager to change profession to a job which I truly enjoy but unfortunately that will only realise when I can make more money from photography than what I am doing now in order to survive, that's the reality in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on your work being published and recognised. You are doing a good job, keep it up!

Hope all is well in London. Take care.

Eugene Goh said...

Thanks Yvonne, when are you coming to London?