Saturday 8 September 2007

More Sony A700

It has been a hot topic since A700 was unveiled 2 days ago and it receives various responses in several photography forums. Of course most forum members in Dyxum are quite excited and looking forward for it as the next upgrade. However there are some negative comments in the other forums whom members are mainly from the other camps, which were baseless mostly even before seeing the real model.

A senior member whom I believe is associated with Canon Malaysia has made a straight comment that A700 is an ugly camera here. Well, it's personal favour and probably it's his rice bowl that he needs to take care of so I can understand.

A side by side comparison on the appearance of 3 new advanced level DSLRs - Canon 40D, Sony A700 and Nikon D300. Some people may like a more curvy body but I think A700's design is clean, simple yet elegant. Again it's personal favour anyway. I am quite open minded and do consider the other 2 DSLRs as my next upgrade models, in case A700 doesn't live up to my expectation.

Somehow, I think the statement that Canikon looks better because it is designed by Italian is rather childish and not very convincing.

Perhaps he can suggest this to Canon to make the 40D looks more Italian.

There's a good review on the pre-production A700 by cameralabs:

No comments: