Thursday 6 September 2007

Sony A700 unveiled

It has been more than a year since Sony launched their first DSLR Alpha 100. Finally after all the rumours the advanced amateur model, the Alpha 700 is finally unveiled.

The front view.

The rear view, attached with the most sophisticated vertical grip that I'd ever seen.

The spec:
  1. 12.2 megapixels CMOS sensor
  2. ISO 100 to 6,400
  3. 5 frames per second shutter speed
  4. 3" LCD screen
  5. 11 points AF
  6. Weather shield magnesium alloy body and aluminium chasis
Some pre-production previews from:

dpreview
c|net
imaging resource
Camera Labs

It has also appeared in this retailers website from Japan which I find quite useful for price guide and comparison. The A700 should be priced at around RM5,000, and probably more than 900 pounds in the UK (with that bloody 17.5% VAT). I'm quite tempted to have this as the upgrade of my A100 which keep me happy so far.

No comments: