Monday 3 September 2007

The Marches

I spent my first day in the east coast of Italy - The Marches.

Ancona airport is a real quiet one, I was the only passenger on the bus to Ancona centre.

I was kind of lost in Ancona, Sonia has given me a few options but it was quite difficult to check for direction as most of the local doesn't speak English. I found a Chinese shop and the lady was really kind and directed me to Passetto, a nice seaside.

Monumento ai Caduti - the memorial to the victims of the 1st World War.

It's heaven and it has the Summer that never came to London.

The color and the texture of the sea is just lovely.

As I had extra time before heading south to meet Sonia's Aunt Ada at Civitanova Marche, I stopped by at Loreto as I was told there's a nice church there. I thought it was within walking distance but apparently it's not possible when I checked with a young man, he was kind enough to give me a free lift to the church. However I regretted soon after arriving as I only had half an hour to catch the last train and it's not possible to walk back by foot! Luckily another kind man gave me a lift back to the station on time. I'd met some nice people even though there were some language barriers.

Ada picked me up the station and we had dinner at her son's place at Civitanova Marche, luckily her little daughter Lavenia speaks a bit of English so we could communicate a bit. We drove to San Benedetto Del Tronto to spend a night there at her new apartment. Everything is nice except there was no water supply being connected yet. What a day as I'd been sweating the whole day and couldn't take shower...

I took the coach to Rome early next morning, it was a 3 hours journey to the west coast.

Took some pictures when the bus stopped by mid way for a break, and I nearly missed the bus for this.

No comments: