Thursday 12 July 2007

Tour de France - Prologue

The first stage of the tour was held in the city of London, starting from Whitehall and finishing near Buckingham Palace. It's an individual time trial known as a prologue.

I arrived at Westminster an hour before the race started but it was already packed with people. I was struggling to find a spot for good shooting angle.

Being chased by the car.

Striking blue - taken with beercan at 160mm, ISO 200, 1/320s, F4.

Concentration. Slightly out of focus, it was really difficult even I used continuous focusing as it was too fast.

A lot of pictures were out of frame too, unintentionally.

Keep trying with my beercan.

After long waiting, finally a kind gentleman who set up his huge Canon gears in the crowd offered his place to me when he left.

210mm F4, 1/250s, ISO 100

Panning shot. This is my favourite shot of the whole day. Using lower shutter speed and follow the object for the effect. Taken at F7.1, 1/60s, ISO 80, with my Tamron 90mm SP!

Taken more than 600 pictures on the day, and I think 80% were either out of focus if not out of frame. Anyway it's a very good experience shooting sports event and I think I am improving.

No comments: